Essential Oil for the Immune System
Essential oils have been used throughout history. The earliest mention of the techniques and methods used to produce essential oils is that of Ibn al-Baitar (1188–1248), an Al-Andalusian (Muslim Spain) physician, pharmacist and chemist.
Essential oils for the immune system may well provide an extra layer of protection and interest in essential oils has revived in recent decades with the popularity of aromatherapy, a branch of alternative medicine that uses essential oils and other aromatic compounds. Oils are volatilized, diluted in a carrier oil and used in massage, diffused in the air by a nebulizer, heated over a candle flame, or burned as incense. (Source: Wikipedia)
This information should not take the place of medical advice. I encourage you to talk to your healthcare providers (doctor, registered dietitian, pharmacist, etc.) about your interest in, questions about, and/or use of alternative medicine and what may be best for your overall health and well-being.
Adult Wellness Essential Oil Blend
Adult Wellness Essential Oil Blend is the immune blend choice for adults and children over the age of 10 for daily preventative care. This blend should be your first choice when you notice the first indications of a cold or flu. It is also effective for recurring and chronic infectious conditions.
According to Dr. Daniel Pénoël (French medical aromatherapy), the way to create a blend is to look at the chemical groups and the functional families of molecules that would be effective for the condition and then see what essential oils contain those molecules.
Alcohols are the most appropriate molecules for the long term health and well-being of the body; gentle and non-toxic and can be used over a long period of time. They are also stimulants to the immune system and have traditionally been found to be antibacterial and antiviral. Adult Wellness also contains a very small amount of phenols to super-charge the blend.
Simply roll onto the soles of your feet in the morning and again at bedtime. If you have contracted a cold or flu, you can reapply 4 to 6 times a day until you are well.
Adult Wellness ingredients are Eucalyptus Radiata, Tea Tree, Ravintsara, Oregano, Cinnamon Bark, Clove Bud, Palmarosa, Peppermint, and Fractionated Coconut.
- Eucalyptus Radiata is primarily an essential oil for the respiratory system with good anti-catarrhal properties. It is a powerful expectorant and works well to thin mucus.
- Tea Tree has been shown to not kill germs indiscriminately, but to identify and kill the destructive bacteria while leaving the friendly bacteria needed to stay healthy.
- Ravintsara is one of the most versatile and indispensable essential oils; there is little it can’t do. Potent, safe and gentle; the chemical composition of Ravintsara is simple and without any specific compound that makes its smell.
Also available is the under children 9 year old and younger version: Kid’s Wellness. The ingredients are Eucalyptus Radiata, Ravintsara, Palmarosa, Lemon, Tea Tree, and Fractionated Coconut.
Tri Remedy Essential Oil Blend
Tri Remedy Essential Oil Blend is a Protective blend based on an ancient formula used by old world spice traders, which strengthened their immunity and prevented them from contracting the deadly diseases during the Black Plague in the mid-1300’s. Tri Remedy is blended with the essential spice oils known to have the most potent antibacterial and antiviral properties and is a natural antibiotic.
For adults, when symptoms first appear use the French Intensive Method to boost immunity. Apply 3-4 drops Tri Remedy (additionally, you can enhance by applying 3-4 drops of Ravintsara) to the soles of feet in the following intervals:
- First hour – every 15 minutes
- Second hour – every half hour
- Remainder of waking hours – once per hour
For serious infections or those not responding quickly enough, internal use of Tri Remedy may be necessary. Take internally in veggie capsules; fill capsule half full with a carrier oil, and then add 6 drops of Tri Remedy.
Tri Remedy ingredients are Thyme, Clove Bud, and Cinnamon Bark.
- Cinnamon Bark has powerful antimicrobial and antiseptic abilities. An excellent aid for bacterial and fungal infections, it has shown ability to rapidly destroy many types of bacteria.
- Clove Bud is a powerful antioxidant with the highest ORAC rating – over 10 million – of any known Essential Oil. It is a potent antiseptic, antiviral, antibiotic, and antimicrobial oil.
- Thyme is a wide spectrum anti-infectious agent, supporting the formation of white blood cells. It is especially useful with all sorts of respiratory needs.
Kids Tri Remedy Essential Oil Blend
Kids Tri Remedy Essential Oil Blend is also a Protective blend of proprietary Essential Oils that have been shown to assist and help support the body with colds, flu, and other viruses.
The common cold and influenza have similar symptoms, and both are contagious respiratory infections. There is no cure for either a cold or the flu but easing some of the discomforts can help everyone during a child’s illness.
To use: Apply neat (undiluted) to the soles of feet, starting at 18 months of age; at the first sign of symptoms.
- Lavender (spike) is native to Spain, France, Italy, the Mediterranean region, and Northern Africa. It contains a greater percentage of camphor than regular Lavender, giving it stronger analgesic and expectorant properties. It is an excellent choice for easing headaches, muscle aches, pains, and the discomfort associated with arthritis.
- Ravintsara is one of the most versatile and indispensable Essential Oils. It is known to be potent, yet safe and gentle. Ravintsara has been used for centuries in fighting infections.
- Rosemary is excellent with pulmonary congestion and respiratory conditions such as colds, flu, strep, bronchitis, and sinusitis. It’s stimulating and uplifting properties are of added benefit when dealing with asthma or other respiratory issues involving a nervous or emotional component.
- Eucalyptus Radiata is primarily an Essential Oil for the respiratory system. It is a powerful expectorant and mucolytic with good ability for fluidification. It is gentle yet effective for respiratory problems and is easily tolerated by children.
Protector Essential Oil Blend
Protector Essential Oil Blend is an Environmental blend formulated as a powerful antiseptic and disinfectant; a must have essential oil blend for daily use. Protector can be used in a multitude of ways to guard against the spread of disease, both at home and away.
Use Protector against environmental mold and fungus, and can stop them in their tracks (especially helpful following water damage to home, office, or other environments). A superb energetic cleanser, use in a mister or diffuser to clear and cleanse stagnant or negative energy.
Protector performs all of the powerful disinfecting functions while at the same time being non-toxic, gently mood elevating, and adding a fresh and clean aroma to the environment.
According to Jean Valnet, M.D., the essential oils used in Protector, when diffused into the air, can kill 70% of airborne staph bacteria. To clear mold and bacteria from an area, diffuse 15 drops in 15 minute intervals throughout the day.
Mix 15-20 drops into 4 ounces of distilled water in a cobalt blue glass or PET plastic spray bottle. Shake vigorously and mist into the environment to cleanse your surrounding air. Use misting spray on surfaces where mold or bacteria are growing and wherever you need a disinfecting agent (perfect for public restrooms!).
Add 30 drops to washing machine or dishwasher (or add 5 drops to water when hand-washing dishes) to prevent the spread of germs.
Add 5 drops to soap dispensers to prevent the spread of germs.
Protector ingredients are: Sage, Ocean Pine, Eucalyptus Globulus, Lemongrass, Juniper Berry, Spruce, black, Eucalyptus Citriodora, Tea Tree, Cypress, Frankincense, Palmarosa, and Jojoba.
- Sage contains camphor and camphene, giving it an antifungal property. Sage is capable of inhibiting fungal infections both internally and externally.
- Eucalyptus Globulus has been shown to be a powerful germ killer and is effective in eliminating certain strains of staph. It’s an excellent essential oil to use in the dishwasher to kill germs that wouldn’t otherwise be eliminated.
- Lemongrass is a natural air freshener and deodorizer. It’s high citral and geraniol content also make it an excellent repellent for household pests like ants.
Over the last few months, our world has shifted and what was normal behavior may not be what is best for our health and wellness. Social distancing and the wearing of mask are common (and sometimes controversial) topics in our daily conversations.
For me, social distancing is easy. We all have a “bubble” around us and mine has always been to keep others at arm’s length. Adding a little extra distance comes easy for me! The masks? Mixed thoughts on that issue but we all do what is necessary to protect ourselves and others.
Essential oils for the immune system may well provide an extra layer of protection, a little bit of comfort in this ever-changing world we live in.
Some other products for health and wellness, to be pain free can be found here.
As always, questions and comments are welcome below.
Walking the Path of Peace, Sanders
The statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Heart & Body Naturals’ products are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat, or cure any disease. The information is not intended as medical advice and is not intended to replace the relationship you have with your primary healthcare provider. Any decisions you make about your food or supplement choices should be made with the one-on-one help of a qualified healthcare provider. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice before starting a program.